Junior Trader – Part Time
Do you want to trade cutting edge digital asset strategies and have a deep interest in DeFi, alt coins, and emerging blockchains?
Diffuse Inc. is a fund incubator that identifies killer investment opportunities in alternative asset classes and spins up funds to capitalize on these opportunities.
Diffuse Digital is a family of funds for investors who want exposure to the potentially attractive returns in digital assets…while enjoying the peace of mind that a stable of Wall Street respected service providers, tight compliance, risk management, and investing processes bring.
Our three live investment products DD30, a crypto index fund covering the top 30 coins weighted by market capitalization, StableFi, a fixed income like DeFi hedge fund that invests stablecoins in DeFi products, and MaxFi are picking up AUM quickly.
Now we’re looking for a part-time JR Trader to help us drive profits by executing our daily trade management and generating high-yield trading ideas.
If you have a passion for digital assets, hands on experience dabbling in trading crypto/Defi, and are looking for a dynamic environment where ownership and attention to detail are key success factors, then we want to meet you!
- Assist with our daily and monthly rebalancing process for all live funds, including new capital allocation, rebalancing trades, and custody
- Responsible for reducing slippage, minimizing fees, and eliminating security exposure
- Independently managing risk exposure according to our risk metrics by monitoring our position’s on relevant Telegram and Discourse channels
- Continuously streamlining our trade execution processes for efficiency and security
- Assist our CEO in identifying new high yield DeFi pools and protocols to diversify our holdings, maximize returns, and minimize fees
- Amareur experience trading digital assets, including traditional coins and emerging alt coins
- A basic understanding of how staking in DeFi pools works
- A keen interest in digital asset research and a knack for identifying new investment opportunities
- Attention to detail in execution, documentation, and transaction tracking
- Comfortable with platforms, wallets, and exchanges such as Coinbase, MetaMask, Ethereum, and Polygon
- An open communicator, fast learner, and warm collaborator
- No formal trading experience required
- Bonus: A natural evangelist who actively participates in meetings and events
- Self-starter with a proven track record of driving projects from A to Z
- Ability to execute tasks with resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Excited about immersing yourself in the fund management ecosystem
- Enthusiastic to suggest ways to improve our client experience and processes
- Fanatical about diligence and details
- Demonstrated history of data-driven decision making and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about learning new things, jumping in with both feet first
Compensation to be negotiated based upon candidate’s experience and aptitudes will be in the form of:
- A base salary in line with market expectations for a junior trader
- An annual bonus tied the Diffuse Digital funds’ overall performance and growth
- Equity and benefits upon conversion to full-time employment
Diffuse is a startup asset management firm positioned as the cutting edge/nimble/innovative version of Blackstone/Blackrock.
As a junior trader we would hope you to eventually grow into a portfolio manager for one or multiple funds and to be able to develop strategies/funds of your own…at which point we’d expect your compensation to be tied to Diffuse Inc’s performance. Diffuse’s funds span many alternative asset classes (digital assets, VC, film, litigation finance, etc) and you would have the opportunity to engage in new verticals based on your interest.
Conversion to a full time employee gives the opportunity to earn equity in Diffuse Inc, which is the ultimate recipient of all economics from all funds on the platform.
We believed in flexible working from anywhere before it became a global phenomenon; however, for regulatory reasons all Traders must be in the US. Additionally we’re happy to provide stellar references and you’ll enjoy incredible networking opportunities with our engaged community of 2,500+ fund managers, VCs, and investors.
About the Team
Diffuse is led by Kenny Estes, CEO and a serial fund manager with a history in high frequency trading, and Ayla Kremb, COO and commercialization aficionado rooted in emerging tech, operations, marketing, and fundraising.
Our design, editorial, and admin team that support our roster of packed, weekly virtual events and insightful content is located in Asia.
Diffuse’s advisors, partners and investors are who’s who of the fund management space, from famous Silicon Valley VCs to serial entrepreneurs, and global executives with high value exits.
For more information about this role and to meet the Diffuse team, please send your resume and a few lines about why you are applying to email@example.com (COO).